The Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera is a versatile and advanced mirrorless camera featuring a 24.3MP APS-C-sized Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor to produce high-resolution still images and full HD movies with marked low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 25600. Beyond notable imaging traits, the image processor also lends itself to continuous shooting up to 11 fps and an intelligent Fast Hybrid AF system that uses both phase- and contrast-detection methods to quickly and accurately acquire focus.
For live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation, both a large rear monitor and detailed electronic viewfinder are available. The 3.0" 921k-dot XtraFine LCD screen features a tilting design to facilitate easier use from both high and low angles and also incorporates WhiteMagic technology for easier viewing in bright conditions. The 0.39" 1,440k-dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF offers 100% frame coverage and a refined optical design to provide a natural viewing perspective and magnification. The body design of the A6000 also houses a configurable user interface, built around several customizable buttons and two control dials, for efficient and intuitive access to frequently used camera settings. Additionally, a Multi Interface shoe is available for attaching external flashes, continuous lights, or microphones.
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, with support for NFC-enabled devices, is also integrated into the A6000 to support remote camera control and image sharing to linked mobile devices.
- 24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
- The 24.3MP APS-C-sized Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor work together to produce high resolution, well-detailed imagery with minimal noise and notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 25600. The sensor utilizes a gapless on-chip lens design, which fills the gaps between neighboring pixels with optimized lenses that match the angle of incidence to increase light gathering ability and produce edge-to-edge sharpness and quality. The processor also contributes to providing a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including Fast Hybrid AF, a top continuous shooting rate of 11 fps, and full HD 1080i/p video recording in multiple frame rates.
- Fast Hybrid AF System
- The Fast Hybrid AF system utilizes both a 179-point phase-detection system and 25-point contrast-detection system to achieve precise focus in as little as 0.06 sec. Utilizing a Spatial Object Detection algorithm, this fast focusing system first employs the phase-detection AF points to quickly bring the subject into focus and then uses the contrast-detection AF points, with wide AF coverage, to fine-tune the sharpness for ensured accuracy. Beyond supporting single shot modes, this system also provides AF tracking when shooting up to 11 fps in continuous high mode and functions seamlessly when recording full HD movies.
For further refinement, a series of distinct AF modes can be selected from depending on the subject. Eye AF is a detail-oriented focusing function that can prioritize a subject's pupil and dedicate focusing performance on that for sharply-rendered portraits; Lock-on AF is a dedicated focusing method for use with moving subjects and adjusts the target frame size as the subject moves throughout the image frame; AF area settings allow you to prioritize specific regions within the frame for increased accuracy; and AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C (Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), and Manual Focus modes can also be chosen.
- Full HD Video Recording
- Full HD 1080i/p video recording is supported at both 60 and 24 fps frame rates to produce high resolution movies with a smooth, cinematic look. Full HD videos are recorded using the high-quality AVCHD codec, while 1440 x 1080 and 640 x 480 formats are also supported in the Internet-friendly MP4 format.
Benefitting advanced video applications, clean HDMI output is available for recording uncompressed video via an optional external recorder. Additionally, a Zebra function is available, in 70 to 100+ levels, during recording for easier detection of exposure clipping to prevent overexposure.
- Body Design
- Revolving around a compact and lightweight profile, the A6000 incorporates both an electronic viewfinder and a large rear LCD monitor. The Tru-Finder 0.39" 1,440k-dot OLED EVF features a refined optical system that integrates four double-sided aspherical elements to provide 100% frame coverage and a wide 33° viewing angle for clear edge-to-edge viewing. The electronic viewfinder's design offers a true live view image, which is able to simulate the appearance of the finalized image prior to shooting and also avails focusing aids, such as MF Assist and the Peaking function. The 3.0" 921k-dot rear Xtra Fine monitor is a larger alternative, suitable for making accurate compositions, reviewing imagery, and navigating the menu system. It features a tilting design that can tilt upward approximately 90° or downward 45° to benefit working from high and low angles. Additionally, WhiteMagic technology works to increase the overall brightness of the screen to better support use in bright or sunlit conditions.
Complementing the overall handling of the A6000 is a customizable user interface that includes an Fn function button and seven other buttons that can be adjusted depending upon user preferences and assigned to one of 47 different functions. Furthermore, two top dials offer an intuitive means for selecting crucial camera settings in a deft manner. A built-in pop-up flash, featuring a guide number of 19.7' at ISO 100, is available for working in difficult lighting conditions and a Multi Interface Shoe is also available for attaching additional on-camera accessories, such as flashes, video lights, and microphones.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables the A6000 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
Additionally, PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection, and allow you to personalize the camera's features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot, and other specific types of imagery.
|Lens Mount||Sony E-Mount|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 24.7 Megapixel|
|Effective: 24.3 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||24MP: 6000 x 4000|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 23.5 x 15.6 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW|
|Movies: MP4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SD|
|Memory Stick Pro Duo|
|Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080: 60 fps, 24 fps|
|1440 x 1080: 30 fps|
|640 x 480: 30 fps|
|Video Format||High Definition|
|1920 x 1080p / 60 fps (28Mbps)|
|1920 x 1080i / 60 fps (24Mbps)|
|1920 x 1080i / 60 fps (17Mbps)|
|1920 x 1080p / 24 fps (24Mbps)|
|1920 x 1080p / 24 fps (17Mbps)|
|1440 x 1080 / 30 fps (12Mbps)|
|640 x 480 / 30 fps (3Mbps)|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Audio Recording||Built-in Mic: With Video, Stereo|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-servo AF (C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 179|
|Contrast Detection: 25|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||1,440,000|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||23.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 1.07x|
|Diopter Adjustment||- 4 to +3 m|
|Display Screen||3" Widescreen Tilting LCD (921,600)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600|
|Shutter||Type: Electronic & Mechanical|
|Speed: 30 - 1/4000 sec, Bulb Mode|
|1/4 - 1/4000 sec in Movie Mode|
|Remote Control||RM-DSLR2 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Center-weighted average metering, Multi-zone metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Intelligent Auto, Manual, Memory Recall, Movie, Programmed Auto, Scene Selection, Shutter Priority, Superior Auto, Sweep Panorama|
|Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 20.0|
|Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Color Temperature Filter, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Burst Rate||Up to 11 fps|
|Up to 6 fps|
|Up to 2.5 fps|
|Guide No.||19.69' (6 m) ISO100|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 160 sec|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, Wireless|
|Shutter Lag||0.02 Seconds|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 11 fps|
|Self Timer||10 sec, 2 sec|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0, Wired Remote Port|
|Software System Requirements||Windows: Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8|
|Mac: OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8|
|Battery||1x NP-FW50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2VDC, 1080mAh|